How To Uninstall Kodi Repositories in a single click
The Kodi is a popular and famous open-source media streaming application software. The Kodi not only streaming the movies as a breeze, but it has a huge variety of official and third-party add-ons give you access to content you never know existed. You can also having some entertainment things such as Live sports, broadcast TV channels, foreign films on Kodi by using its add-ons.
Installing the add-ons on Kodi means you have entering the repository sources into your software. In general, kodi repositories are always perfectly safe to use and handle, but if you have a lot of repos and addons on your Kodi, then it may cause slow down your Kodi.
How to uninstall Kodi repositories
One of the most common ways to uninstall a repository from your Kodi app is to use the built-in uninstall feature. You’ll need to do this one repository at a time, moving through the list and uninstalling each repository in turn. When you are going to uninstall any repository from your Kodi app, it will take only few seconds to complete the uninstallation process, and it works the same way on each and every platform. Now let us see the step by step process for how to uninstall the Kodi repositories on below.
- First you can open Kodi app on your device.
- In the Kodi Homepage, you have to select the Add-ons option which is present in the left side menu.
- Now you have to select the “My add-ons” which is present in the left menu.
- Here you have to select the Add-on repository.
- Now you can scroll through the list and select the repo which you want to remove completely.
- In the next window, you have to click the icon marked as Uninstall.
- After click on the Uninstall option, a new confirmation window pops up has been displayed. In that, you have to click “Yes”.
- After completing the above process, the Kodi will remove the repository and its associated repository files.
One of the noticed things is removing a repository leaves all of your add-ons intact. It can also leave the source URLs on your system, which can be used later to quickly re-download the particular repository on your Kodi app. Be aware of that removing a repo means the associated add-ons will never get the updates longer.
How to uninstall repository sources
Now let us see the step by step process for how to uninstall the repository sources on Kodi.
- First you have to open Kodi on your device and then go to the Homepage menu.
- Now you have to select the gear iconto open the settings page.
- Now you can select the File Manager from the system menu.
- Now you have to scroll through the repository list on the left and select the one you want to remove.
- Now do right-click to bring up the actions menu.
- Now you have to click the “Remove Source”.
- Now the confirmation window has been displayed. In that, you have to click “Yes”.
- After completing the above steps, the Kodi will immediately remove the source from your list.
Removing repository sources can’t delete the repository files and won’t affect your installed add-ons. It means that you may miss out on future repo/add-on updates.